Monday, September 2, 2013

Short Story Before Bed

So, Mmamma had to tuck in Curty to bed for she had not seen her in 2 months, stuck in a "Pre-K," harvesting and eating spiced veggies and other secrets.  She was only 4 years old with golden curls.  I am Mauricia, and I had been with Mamma for a long time, watching the men build new shops in town.  I have an older brother named Mikhail.  Oh, I am 8, and he is 16.  I have an older sister|aunt Susan who is 15.  I actually have a 7-year old sister with light brown hair and a 7-year old brother with medium brown hair.  Mikhail had dark gold hair, and Susan had light brown|dark blonde hair.  My hair is black.  Mamma has red hair and freckles on her cheek..like Curty.  So, Mmamma rubbed the back of Curty and eventually she fell asleep happy to be in town.  I was closing up, while everyone was in bed but Mamma.  I said, "How long until we go back to Minnesota?"  He, he, he.  *blushes*  She said, "I plan to ask the other adults when we are to commence, perhaps in a few days we will start rounding up."  I slipped upstairs, kissed Mamma goodnight, and stared up through the window on top of the cabin.  Suddenly, the hairs on my back prickled, though I saw a bear or monster on the roof.  It could not get in, though, for the window was made of strong glass.  I knew Pappa was in bed now.  I slipped outta my bed, not really thinking and went outside.  I started to climb the roof..  I saw the bear and screamed.  I saw Pappa and Mamma run out the cabin as the bear chased me.  Mamma grabbed me by the stomach and cooled me down.  I was only 8, after all.  Susan was beside me and carried me off to bed, and I fell asleep.